Because our knives are forged by hand, they take a considerable amount of time to make.
If you would like to order a knife, please contact us and we will get back to you with an estimated time of delivery.
This is a made-to-order Scandinavian style utility knife in the style shown in the pictures. Every knife is designed and hand-forged in our Timmonsville, South Carolina shop, using traditional techniques combined with an extensive knowledge of modern metallurgical science. This knife has the following features:
- Inspired by the Scandinavian Puukko style knife
- 3.5" Hand-forged full tang blade, 7.25" total length
- Available in either 52100 high carbon steel, or 154CM stainless high carbon steel
- Exceptionally sharp and durable
- Full tang, hand-carved handle with your choice of available locally harvested or reclaimed wood. Available wood types are shown here: http://www.redforgeworks.com/customization (When ordering please specify your top two choices)
- Blade spine is tapered for durability, balance, and style
- Blade edge is hardened and tempered to approx. 60-62 Rockwell C hardness
- Blade is differentially tempered twice, producing a tougher blade with a higher hardness edge than a typical single temper knife of the same composition
- Blade is cryogenically frozen between tempers, increasing edge-holding ability, toughness, and stain-resistance
- Signed with the maker's signature "R" touchmark
- A custom fitted, welted leather sheath is available for an additional $60
If you would like to order a knife, please contact us and we will add your name to our waiting list with an expected time of delivery.